This week, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed $1.2 billion in supplemental funding. The appropriation utilizes federal funding to help keep schools in-person and bolster the healthcare workforce, among other key investments, including:
- $367.3 million to increase lab capacity to implement and oversee expanded COVID-19 testing, contact tracing, and other monitoring activities
- $300 million for recruitment, retention, and training grants to help health care facilities address staffing issues
- $150.8 million to support screening and testing activities to facilitate the reopening and safe operations of schools
- $100 million for early COVID-19 therapeutic treatments
- $39 million to make nursing homes safer by converting multi-resident rooms into single rooms and improving air quality
Michigan Legislative Consultants is a bipartisan lobbying firm based in Lansing, Michigan. Our team of lobbyists and procurement specialists provide a wide range of services for some of the most respected companies in America. For more on MLC, visit www.mlcmi.com or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.