Governor Gretchen Whitmer is using the last ten days of 2021 to highlight the accomplishments of her administration. Each day the administration will focus on a key area:
- Day 1:Roads & Bridges
- Day 2: Education & Skills
- Day 3:Public Safety & Criminal Justice
- Day 4: Delivering for Older Michiganders
- Day 5:Water, Environment, Climate
- Day 6:Supporting Small Businesses
- Day 7: Early Learning & Childcare
- Day 8:Expanding High-Speed Internet
- Day 9: Supporting Veterans
- Day 10:Building the Future of Mobility
The administration is also taking the opportunity to highlight key metrics in the state:
- GDP: Michigan had the best 2021 Q2 GDP growth in the Midwest and third highest in the U.S.
- Surplus: Michigan turned a projected $3 billion deficit into a $3.5 billion surplus
- Roads: In three years, Michigan has invested nearly $4.75 billion to repair, replace, or rehabilitate 13,198 lane miles
- Vaccines: 70%+ of Michiganders 16 and up have gotten their safe, effective COVID vaccine
- Education: closed the funding gap between schools in Michigan
- Workforce: put 170,000 and Michiganders and counting on a tuition-free path to higher education or skills training through Reconnect and Futures for Frontliners
- Bridges: repaired, replaced, or rehabilitated 903 bridges since taking office
- Childcare:expanded low or no-cost childcare to 105,000 kids
- Rainy Day: put $500 million, the most ever, into Michigan’s rainy-day fund
- Jobs: Michigan’s economy added 145,000 jobs this year, including 67,000 in the last three months
Additionally, Governor Whitmer and her team are looking ahead to 2022 and their long-term economic goals. This includes growing the middle class, having 60% of working-age residents earn a postsecondary education or skills certificate by 2030, becoming a top-ten state for small business growth, building 75,000 new or rehabilitated housing units, and ensuring 100% access to high-speed internet in five years.
Michigan Legislative Consultants is a bipartisan lobbying firm based in Lansing, Michigan. Our team of lobbyists and procurement specialists provide a wide range of services for some of the most respected companies in America. For more on MLC, visit www.mlcmi.com or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.